Monday, November 30, 2009

13 weeks!

Just got back from the doctor for my 12 week appointment (a week late) and had the dreaded blood tests. I was given a backpack full of stuff (magazines to coupons to samples) and paperwork to fill out and bring back before our 36 week appointment for the hospital when we deliver. I was also sent home with a giant container to do my first 24 hour urine collection. Yay!!! It has to be kept in the fridge. They do one now so that they have a baseline for later down the road if I have hypertension or warning signs of preeclampsia.

Then we finally got to the fun...FINDING COOKIE'S HEARTBEAT!
It took a while (because the baby is still so small and they move around so much) but she finally found it! It was high 150's low 160's, right where it should be. Then I scheduled my 16 week appointment and was on my way home.

Now the usual!

How far along? 13 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Same. I weighed myself this morning and despite all the pumpkin cheesecake over Thanksgiving I didn't gain any weight. I guess cookie was hungry over the holiday. However, I had a possessed scale at the doctor's appointment, it says I am 10 lbs heavier than my scale at home????!!!!! no way, hopefully it was because I drank like a gallon of water so that I could give them a urine sample, and I had jeans, sweatshirt, and sneakers on, and I just had lunch.

How Big is Baby?: The size of a peach. This baby is getting big!

Maternity clothes? Well, I didn't wait to buy more. I bought 3 pairs of pants, a pair of capri's, and a shirt on black friday. How could I pass all of that up for $23?

Stretch marks? Nope.

Sleep: The fatigue is hitting me.

Best moment this week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat today. High 150's Low 160's

Movement: None.

Food cravings: Not much. Just major food aversion. Pizza! However I've found a gluten free way to satisfy my craving that J likes too.

Gender: 27 more weeks. I can't believe how soon that feels.

Labor Signs: No way.

Belly Button in or out? In.

What I am looking forward to: Search for the Christ Child this weekend. However that is not pregnancy relates, so I guess just being able to absorb the fact that this pregnancy is starting to feel more real.

Weekly Wisdom: Don't buy food that sounds good expecting to be able to eat it the next day.

Milestones: Your baby is 2 1/2 to 3 inches long, the size of a medium goldfish. She weighs about one ounce. Your baby is shorter than a finger, but her face is already showing individual features and characteristics! Her ears are now developed enough that she may be able to hear when you sing, hum, or talk. And her vocal cords will form this week—soon she'll be able to sing back. Your baby spends her time in your womb flexing her new and developing muscles and joints. Bouts of prenatal hiccups are strengthening your baby's diaphragm, which is preparing her respiratory system for breathing. Less glamorous but highly necessary organ systems for making hormones, absorbing nutrients, and filtering waste are also in place this week. The pancreas, gall bladder, and thyroid have developed, the kidneys can make urine, and her bone marrow is making white blood cells to help fight infection after she's born.

No comments:

Post a Comment