Monday, December 21, 2009

16 weeks!

Went to the doctor today for my 16 week checkup. It was a disaster! I had to wait for 45 minutes beyond my appointment time to even be seen. The nurse found Cookie's heartbeat quickly - 151 bpm which is great, and then the doctor came in, asked a few questions and that was it. I discussed cord blood donation with her and she said it's not a problem.

Also, I schedule our 20 week ultrasound for Jan 19! Most people call this the big ultrasound because it's when gender is usually able to be determined, however we're not finding out, but I'm still just as excited to see our baby!

How far along? 16 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I gained about 2 more pounds in the past week. Not bad, I'm up about 8 or 9 lbs total.

How Big is Baby?: An avocado! Mmmm...now I want guacamole!

Maternity clothes? My jeans are DEFINITELY getting tighter, and some days I definitely have a baby bump.

Stretch marks? Nope.

Sleep: Much better. However, I felt HORRIBLE yesterday and ended up taking a 2 hour nap? Apparently my body needed sleep and if we didn't have to get up and go out I would have probably slept through the night, so not really a nap.

Best moment this week: Hearing Cookie's hearbeat! So reassuring after last weekend. And we got our Beco last week! First babycarrier! (it was 63% off on mamabargains and I couldn't resist, those things are expensive full price) Now I just need a moby and a ring sling...

Movement: Still waiting...

Food cravings: Not many, in fact my food aversion is back and very strong. Chicken is a culprit right now, the thought of it makes me want to gag. Unfortunately everything I'm CRAVING contains gluten so it's a lost cause.

Gender: 24 more weeks! I picture it as a she in utero, but for some reason when I think of having a baby, I picture a boy.

Labor Signs: No way.

Belly Button in or out? In.

What I am looking forward to: Darrin day! Christmas, and relaxing with the hubs and cats on his vacation.

Weekly Wisdom: Yes the belly is GROWING and when you try on pants and they're too tight, it's NORMAL.

Milestones: Watch what you say...tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean she can now pick up your voice. A few more minuscule changes: Eyebrows, lashes, and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming.\

I'm just looking forward to getting these drives to and from NJ done and over with, this weather is so iffy it has me a little stressed/nervous.

1 comment:

  1. When you are alone, sing. The baby will remember later on and relax when you need it.

    ReplyDelete