Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Officially Late...

Today is the day I am supposed to start my period and no sign of it. It's starting to really set in.

J is having a hard time believing it so I got him a John Deere onesie and a card to say thank you for being a great husband. And we decided we would confirm everything with a digital test today. Well, no luck there. The hourglass came up then it went blank. So we have no idea what the result was. The company will send new ones out in the mail so I think I will buy a new pack of a DIFFERENT brand today.

It's just frustrating. I was really looking forward to seeing the word "Pregnant" on the screen.

Other than that I'm just peeing every 2 hours like clockwork. I've also realized I have to change my eating habits. I'm so used to eating meals and no snacking. But I've realized lately that I'm stuffing myself at meals because I'm so hungry, so I've decided to eat every few hours instead and have small meals. I hope it helps with the hunger and energy.

I've also developed a runny nose and I'm sneezing often. They say that it's common and I'm not too worried. I'm still sleeping great, except I usually wake up at 6 because I have to go to the bathroom so bad. And for the past few days that's been okay because I've been taking pregnancy tests, but that's gonna get tiring. Hopefully I can learn to go back to sleep after I use the bathroom.

J is handling things well, just rushing to get things in the house finished. I think we're going to have to gut the nursery. There is so much water damage in the drywall and I'm terrified of the mold behind it all.

First official ultrasound is scheduled for November 9th at 3:30. It's crazy because that is J and I's 5 year anniversary of the day he asked me to be his girlfriend. Our ultrasound is actually a little late because I won't be here at the end of October (I'll be in St. Lucia with my mom) so it will actually be more around 10 weeks instead of 8. And then we plan on telling the family at Thanksgiving.

It feels like so long away, however I'm so busy in October that I think that month will fly by and then we just have to get through the few weeks in November. I have a lot to get done by then.

Lord,
Give us the strength and determination to get all things done that we need to. Give our families the joy that this pregnancy should bring. Thank you for the things we have and everything we can give back to you.

Aimee

1 comment:

  1. aww! you'll get the positive soon i'm sure! i found your blog thru thebump! and promptly added you to my reader! :) we're pretty close in dates i think! i found out a week ago today!

    ReplyDelete